Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A little of this. A little of that.

Today was a productive day at the hospital. I learned a lot of new skills, and worked toward improving some old ones. I'm beginning to think, however, that productive = exhausting. I really wanted to just come home and collapse into bed, but the one remaining midterm made that an impossibility. In spite of my sleep deprivation today, I was able to do blood glucose monitoring, observe a liver ultrasound, give medications, flush a tri-lumen centeral cath, learn proper technique for insterting a foley catheter, help other students with their patients, and work on my eighteen page care plan. Who said nursing school was difficult?:o) Tomorrow night I have one last midterm, and then I am free. Lord-willing I'll be house sitting this weekend, which means time to hang out with two of my favorite sisters! Hooray! I also found out today that my second interview with UCLA will be next Tuesday. I'm kind of hoping this one will take less than two hours, but regardless it is my latest prayer request. Well it's off to bed so that I can be out the door by eight (coffee in hand), and in the library for approximately eight hours. What could possibly be better?

No comments: