Some highlights from my blog vacation:
* I finished reading a book titled "How to Survive and Maybe Even Love Nursing School." Can you believe it only took me a year to read, and I finished even before I finished nursing school?!?! :o)
* Rebecca and I took a quick weekend trip to San Luis Obispo and stayed with friends there. It was fun to be back in the city where each of us spent a couple of wonderful years, and as always it was good to spend time with friends.
* I officially survived all of my med/surg rotations and finished my first year of nursing school!!! What a whirlwind it has been, and it turns out that all of the people who told me it would go by fast were right. Sorry I doubted you.:o) In July I will reach the halfway mark of the nursing program!
* My fabulous friend Cassie traveled down from San Luis Obispo for a "meet and greet" and job opportunity at a school in Los Angeles. It was wonderful to spend some time with her, despite the fact that it reminded me how much I miss her!
* My wonderful friend and former roommate Kristen gave birth to an adorable little girl. Danielle Grace was born March 4, 2009 and I CAN'T WAIT to meet her!
* I have started a new quarter and am now in the fifth week of classes. Yes, in spite of all of the graduation announcements you are all receiving some of us are currently taking midterms. My clinical rotation is currently in OB/Postpartum/Labor&Delivery, and what a privilege that has been. I'll post more on that later!
* Some good friends were in town for a Pastor's conference at our church in the beginning of March, and their family has now decided to come to California for a vacation this summer. I can't wait!
* I was home for Spring Break in March and had such a wonderful time with my family! It's always fun to spend some time with each of them, and get caught up on their lives. I even found some time to teach Sarah how to drive stick shift. It turns out she's actually a natural. She didn't stall the very first time she attempted starting in 1st gear!!!
* Still trying to work two 12 hour shifts a week, which has been tough but wonderful at the same time. Each time I work I note how much God has been teaching me in this job, as well as how much easier it becomes the longer I do it!
* My sister Rebecca is opening an online business and has allowed me the privilege of providing a small bit of assistance. What a pleasure it has been to have an excuse for spending more time with her, and oh how many memories we've made already!:o) She is going to be showcasing her items at a craft fair this weekend, and I am certain she would greatly appreciate your prayers for that. Also, don't worry, I'll be giving you the scoop on her website soon so that you can check it out for yourselves!
So there you have it. Whew! I suddenly feel rather tired... Guess I should get started on reading the six chapters I need to have completed for my OB lecture next Wednesday so that my next post doesn't start out, "Well that nursing school thing was fun while it lasted." Good thing the sun is shining and the porch looks so inviting. Come to think of it, so does my bed.:o) Thanks for checking in and catching up with me. My goal is to be a little more consistent, but if not I'll see you all in August.;o)