Saturday, July 19, 2008

An Abundance of Answered Prayer

This week has been a week full of answered prayers. On Wednesday I passed my med math exam! I was very excited to have passed, but a bit nervous that I can now administer medications.:o) There is a lot to remember... On Friday I had a two hour phone interview with the nurse recruiter at UCLA medical center. It turns out that two hours is a long time to be answering questions about yourself. A few of the questions were rather interesting, and I wasn't sure how well I had done at answering them, but the recruiter said I did well and to call back next Tuesday to set up an in person interview with the nurse supervisor. Hooray! I was thinking as I prepared for and during the interview that interviewing takes on such a different feel when you are viewing it from a Christian perspective. Nerves are calmed when you remember that the sovereign God of the universe already knows whether or not you will get that job, and you can trust that He will be glorified whether or not you get it. Pretty cool, huh? On my way to school yesterday I went to the hospital to get a feel for how long it would take to get there. It only took about 30 minutes, but that was at 1 o'clock in the afternoon so it will probably be a little longer. It's a HUGE campus, and I felt a little intimidated after seeing it. However, I wanted to make sure I'd be able to get there with no problem for the interview. I think I'll just leave about two hours in advance.:o) My family is coming into town today to move Katie down for school. I'm looking forward to spending some time with all of them, and I'm really excited to have Katie down here full time. I'm also hanging out with some people who are staying at my aunt and uncle's house. Between the two families they have 5 kids under the age of five, so you know it's not dull. Here are some pictures from our adventures thus far...

This is Jaken. Such a sweet little girl!

This is Gracie. I think I scare her a little...

This is Abbie. To say she isn't shy would be an understatement.:o) So much energy!

Jaken discovered my cell phone. Starting early I guess.:o)

No comments: