Saturday, November 8, 2008

"Your One Beauty"

Last night Kate came over after her soccer game, and we watched the movie Little Women together. Becky and Justin got it for me for my birthday, and it had been quite a while since we had watched it. We got a good laugh over how several of the characters and situations correspond to our own lives, as we also grew up with four girls. (Of course we always point out that although Kate has a sweet disposition like Beth, she is neither fragile nor planning on dying anytime soon!:o) After the movie was over we were sitting in my room, and I mentioned to Katie that she's been planning to trim my hair for a while but hasn't had an opportunity to do so. And then it happened. This "crazy" haircut idea I've had for quite a while popped into my mind and I went with it! Kate was totally behind the idea, and I think possibly even more excited than I was. She graciously agreed to cut my hair, and we went into my bathroom to do it. A lot of laughs and a few shrieks (from both of us...) later, I emerged with a new hairstyle and a great deal of excitement. She did a terrific job if I do say so myself, and I'm so excited to have finally gotten up the courage to do it. I think it will be a fun and easy hairstyle to have during nursing school. After we had finished, I suddenly realized that the second daughter in Little Women actually cuts her hair really short at one point in the movie. Life imitating art perhaps?:o) I also remembered that after she cut it the youngest sister says, "Jo! How could you? Your one beauty!" So, now I'm hoping I didn't just cut off my one beauty...

Before (with my amazing hair stylist!)

And after.

Attempting to pull it up...

I promised my mom a pic of the back.:o)

3 comments:

Carrie Haughey said...

eeee! so cute! I love it!!! I think it makes you look older too, which is always a good thing, right? LOVE IT! ^_^

Anonymous said...

Super cute! It fits you perfectly!

Unknown said...

Very cute!! My Little Blue Smurf!
Love you, Daddy