Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A Calm Before the Storm

I realized today that although I've created several posts in my head over the last couple of days, I haven't actually managed to transfer them through my fingers and into my computer. So now that I have a couple of minutes before class starts, I decided to do just that.

This weekend was a time for one last gulp of air before I head into Thanksgiving and then finals. I headed up to my sister and brother-in-law's house on the pretense of helping them prepare for the family that will be coming in for Thanksgiving. Not sure if I accomplished more in the way of distracting or helping, but I got some fun pictures along the way.

Before I could truly enjoy the weekend I turned in my 61, yes that's right, 61 page case study for the nursing clinical.

For a true appreciation of the length you need a side view.:o)

With my project out of the way I was free to help make pizzas.

It turned out to be one of our best efforts yet!

And we finally made our pumpkin muffins. Super easy and SO yummy!

Becky and I worked on some crafting to make the place cards for the tables. I'll be sure to include a picture of the finished product in one of my future posts.

Even Justin got in on the act when Becky and I declared we could take no more circles.:o)

With a lit pumpkin spice candle, peppermint hot chocolate, relaxing music in the background, and two of my favorite people what more could I ask for?

And then today the break was over, I was up before 5 am, and it was back to reality and the fun of playing nurse. One more day of clinical for the quarter!!!

No comments: