Monday, March 7, 2011

Thank You Starbucks for Free Internet

     I love setting realistic goals.  They're just so easy to meet.  For example, I made a goal of blogging within a year of my last post.  And look: I'm a whole 2 1/2 months ahead of schedule!:o)
     Not to worry though, you're not too far behind.  My niece (who was not yet born in the last post) is now 9 months old, has two teeth, is eating solids like a pro, and will soon be crawling. 


     I graduated from nursing school, got hired on my first choice unit - neuro/trauma ICU - in their new grad program, finished my job as a care partner and said goodbye to the float team and vascular surgery, and started classes for my new job (this morning).  I moved out of my aunt and uncle's house, moved into and out of my sister and brother-in-law's condo, and moved into my own apartment.  I celebrated another birthday, celebrated snow in L.A. in January, celebrated passing my boards and becoming a fully licensed nurse, and celebrated becoming a car owner. 


     I had a few months between finishing school and starting the new grad program so I went on fabulous adventures with my sister, brother-in-law, and niece (including, but not limited to, the Getty museum, apartment hunting, my first meal at Chick-fil-a, driving from NorCal to SoCal after Christmas, and grocery shopping trips).  Everything is exciting with an adorable baby.:o)  Between these adventures I squeezed in a trip to Seattle to visit a former roommate and her family, a trip to San Diego to see a friend in the Coast Guard, and a trip to New York (my first visit to the east coast!) with friends.



     Whew!  Well I think you're up-to-date now, but there is a slight possibility that I may have missed an event or two.  Through every one of these adventures I saw clearly God's grace and sovereignty prominently displayed.  Not sure how I managed to be surprised by how awesome He is yet again, but somehow I find my limited human understanding requires constant reminders.  He provided in ways beyond anything I could have imagined and I hope to someday go back and share a few specific examples.  For now, however, I am considering myself caught up on blogging and will be moving on to tales of adventures as a new grad and other current events.  At the moment my internet is not working, so my ability to check e-mail and blog will be limited by my ability to fit Starbucks into my budget.;o)  Oh, and for all of my faithful readers, you should excited to hear that my current rather ambitious goal is to post within the next 6 months.  Just kidding...I think.:o)

No comments: