Saturday, March 26, 2011

Cooking for One

There are so many things I love about my new place.  I love that I can hear birds outside in the morning.  I love that I can walk to Starbucks in about 5 minutes.  I love that I can have people over any time.  I love that my manager and his wife are incredibly sweet and go the extra mile to make sure I have everything I need.  I love how close it is to work and the beach.  I love the layout.  I love the wood floors.  I love that it's starting to feel like home.  One thing I don't love, however, is cooking.

I've always loved to cook.  I started in junior high and haven't stopped since, but cooking for one is an entirely different matter.  When I lived with my aunt and uncle I tried to cook once a week, and it was so fun to be able to cook for them.  When I'm at my sister and brother-in-law's house, cooking is always a blast.  They are always great "patrons," and we have very similar tastes.  When I was there Thursday Rebecca and I made Chicken Spaghetti and lemon bars.  They were delicious and so fun to make.  When I'm home though, making a whole casserole or dessert just isn't an option.  The casserole because I'd be tired of it, and the dessert because I'd eat it.:o)  Part of the problem is I lack variety in ingredients at the moment, but I also lack recipes ideal for one.  So - I suppose it's something new to work on and a challenge to overcome.  Regardless, in case you hadn't noticed, I love my new place!

P.S. - I did make something yummy tonight!:o)

No comments: