Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Answered Prayers

I finally got around to doing a little organization of my desk the other day, and ran across a post-it note on which I had listed several prayer requests that others had given me. I smiled and took a moment to think about each of them. It was a fairly old list, so of course there had been new developments in each of them. My mom's health was on the list, and as many of you know she has since had a procedure done and is no longer experiencing any of the symptoms she had been having. Katie's adjustment to college had been answered with many new friends and some adventures of our own. A friend's difficulty with a class in school was answered with her not only passing the class, but graduating as well! Another friend had been having some health issues, and is now starting to feel better and able to do more of the things she loves. One friend had asked for prayer for a pamphlet they were working on, and have since finished it and blessed and encouraged more people than I think even they hoped it would.

So after reading these and seeing how God had chosen to answer each of the requests, I realized that although not all of them had been answered exactly the way I thought they should, they had all been answered. Some of the answers might not have been what I would have thought of, but they all exceeded my expectations and reminded me of how thankful I am that God is sovereign and I am not. He answered each request in a manner that is according to His plans and for His glory. The more time I spend in prayer, the more thankful I am that I can go to Him at anytime and for any reason. The God of the universe desires that I talk to Him. This struck me as I was reading in Psalms yesterday and read 18:6 where David says, "In my distress I called to the Lord; I cried to my God for help. From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came before him, into his ears." Pretty incredible, huh?

Time with family at Souplantation last weekend.

Sibling time...some of us were pretty excited about the kid cones...:o)

No comments: