Thursday, September 18, 2008

What I Did During My Summer Vacation

I vaguely remember a time in my life when I was annoyed by the obligatory essay entitled "What I Did During My Summer Vacation." Of course now that the first day of class means I am already behind on reading, have a pop quiz, and am seriously contemplating the sanity of signing up for the class, I sort of miss that easing back into school. Despite the fact that my summer vacation was only 2 weeks long, I managed pack a whole lot into it. The first week I flew up to visit my family, and had such an incredible time with all of them. I had seen them during a couple of weekend visits before that, but it was so nice to just be back home and really enjoying quality time and talks with each of them. The next weekend they brought me back to my aunt and uncle's house, and then they spent the weekend here. My former roommate also came for the weekend, and then convinced me to take a spontaneous trip with her to see people in San Luis Obispo. I'm so glad she did, because I had such a wonderful time seeing old friends and making new ones. We did A LOT, and even managed to complete the last couple of things on my list of "Things to do Before Leaving SLO." Then I came home on the train last Friday, spent all day Saturday at Universal Studios with my aunt and uncle, spent Monday reorganizing my room, went to computer training at UCLA on Tuesday, and hung out with a friend in Laguna Hills yesterday. Yes, all in all, I'd say I was able to do a lot in a little over two weeks! Tonight I start classes, and I'm hoping my last orientation at UCLA will be next week so that I can start working soon! God used this vacation to remind me how blessed I am with wonderful friends and family, and how thankful I am that He is in control of my life and I am not (of course I needed a reminding as I too often find myself forgetting...). He continually demonstrates His sovereignty in my life, and always perfectly orchestrates everything according to His will and for His glory in a way that is so much better than anything I could have imagined. So, bottom line, I am back to school, back at my aunt and uncle's house, back to blogging, back to homework, and (hopefully soon) back to work.

Cassie and I in Hollywood.

Montaña de Oro.

Cass and I.

More Montaña de Oro.

Cass had a little too much fun with the seaweed.:o)

The sun coming through the clouds over the ocean was gorgeous!

The rock cleverly named "The Rock" in Morro Bay.

The waves crashing into the rocks were so beautiful!

Katie, Cassie, and I in Morro Bay.

We successfully climbed Bishop's Peak, and spent some time in prayer at the top. It was amazing!

No comments: