Thursday, September 24, 2009

How I Spent My Summer Vacation

Well it is now 9:00am on the first day of school, and I am finally admitting to myself that perhaps summer vacation has come to an end.:o)  I started out working a few extra days at the hospital, then flew up to my parents house, and then spent my last week with friends in Seattle.  What a blessing each of these experiences were, and I returned to Southern California feeling refreshed and ready to start another quarter.  This time next year I will be starting my last quarter of school!  So exciting to think about, but my prayer is that I won't wish away the next 15 months.  I have such a tendency to anticipate what is ahead to the neglect of my current surroundings.  I pray that God will give me the courage to boldly proclaim the Gospel to my fellow nursing students, professors, and patients.  And I pray that my quarter in a psychiatric facility will not be full of fear or a desire to "escape," but rather compassion, patience, and love for the people God places in my life.  May God be glorified through all I do and say!

A pictorial glimpse into my vacation (more pictures from other cameras to come...):


Those of you who know me well will be surprised to know that I woke up early
enough to watch the sunrise almost every day of my vacation!


I watched my incredible little sis play competitive soccer and volleyball.


Enjoyed another "Gold Rush Days" with my parents in Old Town Sacramento.

No comments: