Saturday, June 27, 2009

Summer Adventures

Well I'm back from my summer vacation. Wow! It seemed like only a week. Oh wait, it was a week.:o) During finals week our wonderful friends the Waites came to California and then some of us headed to Palm Springs for the Resolved Conference. For those of you who don't know what that is, it's basically a short, intense weekend full of wonderful sermons from some of my favorite pastors and a lot of fun in between. My head felt so full by the end I thought it might burst, but I came away with so many Biblical truths and convicting concepts. Some things were new, and some I'd heard before but deperately needed to be reminded of. If you're interested, you can listen to the messages here. I can highly recommend every single one of them, and if you're ever able to go the conference, DO IT!

After a few days at Resolved we headed up to my parents house for the next week. I'm not sure how to summarize that week, but I suppose I'll just say it was one of the best weeks of my life. I miss all of them SO very much now, but it was certainly worth it. Probably the best way to tell you about it is through pictures (of which I have plenty...).

The group in front of In-N-Out.

Waiting for Resolved to begin.

The hotel we stayed at had a wonderful pool which we frequented.:o)

Sara and I.

We did a lot of driving while they were here. They were pretty amazed at the length of California...

We celebrated Father's Day while they were there.

Peter volunteered to help me "drive."

Esther has the most contagious smile and laugh.

Luke and I.

The girls.

Several of the Waites write music, so we spent much of our time learning their songs.

Bethany and I toward the end of Resolved. A little tired but still smiling.:o)

Well I think that just about sums it up. I have many more pictures, but hopefully you have something better to do with your day than spend it all on my blog.:o) Just a quick note, two of the Waite kids are heading into the military in the next few months and anticipating boot camp/basic training and all that that entails. The oldest is currently stationed in Iraq and will Lord-willing be headed back to the U.S. soon! So if you think of it please be in prayer for them. I'm sure they'd greatly appreciate it!

No comments: