Monday, May 26, 2008

Why Worry?

It's difficult for me to comprehend that the month of May is almost over. Didn't it just start? As I was looking over my calendar for the past month, I suddenly felt a little tired. I definitely packed a lot in, and I'm very thankful for all that I had the opportunity to do. It did, however, make me think about a passage in Matthew. Several verses in chapter six talk about worrying, and verse 34 says, "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." Although I faithfully write future events down in my calendar so that I don't forget them, I have no concept of just how full each month, week, day, and hour will be. And that is a good thing. There is a reason God designed us without the ability to see into the future. He knows my future, and I can trust Him for it. I can make plans with friends and family, but they must always made be with the qualifier "Lord-willing" and then left, free of worry, in His hands. Now if only I can remember that as I head into the next week and finals.

Isn't it pretty?This picture is for Justin. (Just in case anything ever happens to them, a picture is important.)

My friend Cassie was in town the other weekend, and got a kick out of this sign. Apparently they ran out of speed bumps signs...

No comments: